We were only allowed our sleeping bag, a tarp, six 5ft. pieces of string, water, and a blank journal. When I was first dropped off I just walked around my site a little, scouting it out and all. Then I set up my tarp in this cool little tree cove.
I spent the rest of the day writing my senior appreciations. We make a book of all these appreciations and give them to everyone in the class.
Once it started getting dark and chilly I crawled into my sleeping bag and went to bed. I woke up as the sun was rising. It was nice. I spent all of this day writing as well. I needed to write 21 appreciations for classmates and 6 for teachers. I wrote about a page per person. I hate writing so that was a big deal.
This second night alone I stayed up a little later and was able to see the moon and stars. Awww. The next morning a woke up and packed up camp and sat waiting to get picked up. Eventually my teachers came around and picked us back up. We then went to breakfast together after a full 48 hour fast.
The drive back was fun. I made 5 or 6 mix cds full of crappy fun party music. So everyone was singing along and having fun talking about all the things they did on their solo. We weren't allowed to have cameras or anything so once again no pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment